- Have a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- The SAA program is committed to a holistic admissions process. Thus, the GRE can be waived if applicants have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher in the last earned degree AND one year or more of student engagement/involvement experience or higher education or related work experience.
- Note- applicants should be aware that the GRE may be required for scholarships.
- Complete an Application for Admission to the Student Affairs Administration program
- Apply to participate in the Graduate Assistantship Preview Program (G.A.P.P. weekend). Qualified applicants will be invited to campus in February to interview with faculty and for graduate assistantships. Priority will be given to candidates whose completed applications have arrived by mid-January.
- Scholarships are available in two categories: University-wide Scholarships and Departmental Scholarships.
- Scholarships are funded from investment earnings of the ASU Foundation. The specific scholarships available during a given academic year are dependent on the economic conditions at that time.
- Note: some scholarships and fellowships may require the GRE as qualification.
Residency for Tuition Purposes
- Visit the registrar's information page on residency for tuition purposes to find out if you qualify for in-state tuition in North Carolina.
Appalachian State University is committed to providing equal opportunity in education and employment to all applicants, students, and employees. The university does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation. The university actively promotes diversity among students and employees. The university is committed to its affirmative action plans and seeks to deepen its applicant pools by attracting interest from a diverse group of qualified individuals.